|I underwent a bit of a style transformation while in Barcelona, I really wanted to catch that contemporary Spanish vibe|
In the meantime, I have encouraging news for Moana.
Whaddya mean, who is Moana? Come on people, stay with it! Moana is the latest alter ego of Louise of InTownsville, my blogosphere soulmate and partner in
I met Louise in Real Life a few months ago - you can read about the meeting of the Superpowers here.http://blightyworld.blogspot.com/2011/01/when-blighty-met-lousie.html
Thanks to the evil cyclone Yasi, Louise broke her back. Since then, due to terrible pain, Lou sometimes transforms into Moana, very understandably.
Lou and I have been joking about getting her a new back somehow....
So, look what I found in a small restaurant/bar in Barcelona on our first day:
Item 3: Back with Egg and Chips.
Lou, the Back is on its way to you, but I am afraid Boy 1 ate the egg and chips.
(I would like to apologise to Janet of Gardener's Cottage and any other vegetarians/vegans for the extremely carnivorous nature of this menu; I think perhaps the translation is a bit over-enthusiastic.... )
Now, you know how I like to perform a public service role in this blog (I guess I am just sooo pro-active and caring). Well, I am able to pass on some Important Advice we received on arrival from our receptionist at Juan Towel Hotel. The receptionist handed us a piece of paper warning us about the danger of pickpockets in Barcelona - the paper listed various scenarios such as:
- if someone tell you in street that you have stain on your clothes do not stop, they will steal from you
- if someone tell you something is wrong with your car do not stop, they will steal from you
- if someone is playing a game of dice do not play, they will steal from you
- if someone approaches you in the street, run away screaming, it will be Boys 1 and 2 whining for more ice creams
- if you want to be robbed in broad daylight go to the Barcelona football team stadium Camp Nou and hand over your credit card plus remaining Euros in the gift shop
|Gift shop at Camp Nou, background noise is Mrs B weeping into her wallet|
|Camp Nou stadium|
Having rendered us pleasantly neurotic, the receptionist then came out with her coup de grace:
"Is no good putting rucksack in your backside!" Those fiendish pickpockets will stop at nothing ...
So there you have it, the most useful piece of advice I can pass on to other travellers.DON'T PUT YOUR RUCKSACK IN YOUR BACKSIDE
It will only make your eyes water anyway.
You can thank me later.