Except I wasn't sulking. Honest.
I just seem to have been soooo busy.
So I hired Top Management Consultant Anders Hoch to review operations at Blighty Inc and make recommendations on how to improve productivity.
Here are excerpts from his report, with my reaction in italics.
Taking Blighty Inc. Forward Into the 20th Century*
* Anders old chap how much wine did you have at lunch exactly?
Scope of Review
We were asked to review all domestic operations of Blighty Inc. We observed operations at Blighty HQ and interviewed key personnel in Catering, Procurement, Staff Training, Laundry Services, Hygiene and Health Services, Transport, Policing and Judicial, Social Activities and Sport (which in this report will be collectively referred to as MUM).
Er, that's me I think...
We also spoke to the Chief Executive Officer and Finance Director. So Mr B gets the fancy job title, typical
We had a brief interview with the junior members of the Blighty Inc. team but they were very busy watching telly and were unwilling to fully enter into a dialogue you mean they ignored you completely as they were watching re-runs of Top Gear on Dave TV
Scope of Activities
The breakdown of MUM activities during a typical working day are:
23% reading gossip on the Daily Mail website
27% drinking tea, reading fashion blogs
2% furiously carrying out domestic tasks in state of guilt and quiet frenzy
12% looking for reading glasses
5% reading thrillers and detective novels
5% answering cold calls on telephone from insurance companies and acting delightfully dizzy and charming while telling them to get lost
4% ringing Grandma Whacker back and apologising for being so rude under misapprehension that she was selling car insurance and of course you don't mean her to do that with her insurance policy
77% watching junior executives playing rugby in a light drizzle
86% watching junior executives playing football in a light drizzle
34% attending to sports related injuries
36% sports psychology counselling
7% cobbling together costumes for school theme days (" I know it's a fitted sheet but well- to- do Romans would definitely have worn fitted sheets, honest!")
45% providing taxi services to Blighty junior executives
42% struggling to help with Maths homework
- MUM is a very inefficient member of the Blighty team; her role needs to be more focused, and preferably carried out by someone else with better motivation and better skills re work product delivery do you mean get a cleaner? Yay!
- MUM to attend management training course and be reprogrammed
- MUM must be denied access to the Internet
- MUM to give up tea and novels
- MUM to stop watching X Factor But Gary is the only man who really understands me
- junior executives to give up rugby and football and instead take up needlework at home
- MUM to accept that never going to get through 100 hours of The Killing so return the DVD the library NOW
- junior executives to learn to drive They are only 9 and 10 so this might be a bit tricky
Just as soon as I've had a cup of tea and a little sit down.. and a look at the Daily Mail website...